Simple Parallel Bible
Enter passages you wish to view or compare (each of a chapter or less). For example...
This page shows how to use the Bible query and search.
- matt 5:43-48; 6:5-8; 6:19-21; 7:24-28
- book names can be shortened, and there is no need to repeat them for successive passages in the same book
- matt 19:16-30 | mark 10:17-31 | luke 18:18-30
- parallels are easy with pipes (SHIFT-Backslash)
- philemon or 2 john 2-3
- you don't need to enter chapter numbers for single-chapter books
- matt 13:1-3, 24, 31
- commas can be used to provide a list of verses from a single chapter, in the conventional manner. An ellipsis (…) will show any gaps in the resulting text
- php 2 or jn 3:1-2, 4, 9
- as well as allowing shortened book names, some common abbreviations are also recognized
- grace peace
- entering something that isn't a reference drops you into a search of the New Testament for a verse containing ALL terms entered
- god lov
- partial words will be matched — so
pavlova, and so on
- grace peace love
- adding more search terms will narrow down the search results
- entering a search in capitals will search the Old Testament instead — a little quirky, but it keeps the interface nice and simple
- to search for a word that's also the name of a book, put a dash on the end
As shown above, you can link to passages (and searches) directly.
For example, when linking to John 15:1-7 from one of this site's pages, you would use
/bible/john+15.1-7 for the link.
Spaces become '+' plus signs, and colons become '.' fullstops.
Obviously, if you are linking from another site, or from an email, you will need to add this site's URL to the beginning of any link.